Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

I'm mad about Mark Twain #3.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
Mark Twain [pen name of Samuel Langhorne Clemens, 1835-1910]

Without fear, I suspect we could be dead. With too much fear, I'm sure we could be dead. Maybe not literally, but it doesn't matter. To live without passion and spontaneity is like to not live at all.

How to manage fear is a cultural issue and most of people are unaware of it. They consider fear as the worst thing in the world and they try to avoid everything that could originate a doubt or a question or, even worst, lead to a 'dangerous' or risky situation. They're overwhelmed by fear and they don't live, just survive.

For me this habit doesn't make sense. So today, double feature for you: not one, but two Mark Twain's quotes!
The second one is:

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.


Have a wonderful, spontaneous, risky and peaceful Sunday.


Tags: Mark Twain, Literature, Fear, Courage, People, Quotes