Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Is being afraid the easiest thing to do? My cat and Jedi Master Yoda are not on the same page on this one...

"Do or do not; there is no try". This is what Jedi Master Yoda thinks and teaches.
The most successful people are the ones that, at some point in their life, consciously or unconsciously, decided to adopt Yoda's mantra as an important part of their everyday routine, by doing something and doing it over and over again, in order to become better through practice and/or to get what they want.

You control your thoughts, you control your choices, you control your actions, you control the results.
Judi Perkins

[Kim is blurry...
or how incredibly difficult taking a picture of her is]

My black cat Kim Novak doesn't agree at all with the Grand Master of the Jedi Order from Star Wars and I can see it regularly every week. For some reason that is absolutely inexplicable to me, she - unlike the famous Japanese cat Maru - is afraid of the vacuum cleaner.
As soon as she sees it - even before it is actually on - she just runs away as fast as she can. And she can be really fast, believe me.

Why? I have no clue. I can't remember any bad moment involving her and the vacuum cleaner, but no matter how hard I try to show her that there is no reason to be afraid, she is already gone as soon as the vacuum cleaner is in sight.

Are we so different from her?
Or are we used to let fear stop us from doing what we want, too? From achieving what we desire or from changing our lives? Is it, in fact, easier to be afraid and run away or does it only seem easier?

Tags: Kim Novak, Black cat, Fear, Angst, Yoda, Quotes, Being afraid with no reason

What to read next:
Quotes about cats for cat lovers Feat. Kim Novak - #1. Albert Schweitzer