Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Monday, July 29, 2013

How I survive while trapped in days like "Groundhog Day"

Sometimes one can have the impression that every other person is more happy, more successful, more cool, more lucky.
Sometimes one can have the impression that it will rain for ever. 
Sometimes one can have the impression that everything is going wrong, that one is wrong, that nobody loves anybody, and so on.

[Bill Murray and Andie MacDowell in Groundhog Day (1993)]

But each day, no matter how terrible it is, lasts only 24 hours. This is the magic of life.
Well, at least if you are not Bill Murray as the grumpy reporter Phil, trapped in Harold Ramis' masterpiece Groundhog Day, that's it.
But let's say that it would be a very extreme situation.

How can one survive?
I can't speak for everybody, but I can speak for myself. When I have one of those days, just like today though, I tell myself that tomorrow everything will be fine. That I just have to keep doing what I am doing (learning German, working, reading, writing, exercising, eating well, watching a movie, whatever) at the moment, without getting stressed.
That I should enjoy the moment.
That I should appreciate everything I have achieved, everything I have done, everything I am.
That I shouldn't be too hard on myself.
That I don't have to worry about the future.

So basically I just tell myself to relax, to stay on track, to stay focused. And then I do it. Hour after hour. Without getting stressed.

It works perfectly.
The next day is usually a very good one.

What about you?

Tags: Groundhog Day, Bad days, Relaxing