Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Touching a screen? No, thanks! Or how deep emotions run under your skin

Ayurvedic massage, Balinese massage, Swedish massage, Shiatsu massage, Watsu massage... and so on. You could be surprised to discover how many different types of massage you can choose from.
For sure I was.
Lately, I'm learning and researching a lot about body massages for a series of articles I am working on. Every kind of body massages.

[All you need is... just a little bit of... stone therapy.
In purple, of course]

Suddenly I've realized, once again, how important our body is. How important is to be connected. To feel with your own body. To be hugged. To experience warmth, but not the kind of you can get from someone is trying to sell you something. To deeply touch somebody important for you.

And once again, I thought of this beautiful post by Julien Smith. Here just a taste:

Touching a screen isn’t the same as touching a person. The best stuff happens outside the web. Outside is new and frightening, not comfortable. Encountering pain helps transform your vision of yourself and forces you to grow.

To be touched could obviously mean to be hurt, as well. Most of the times, to be honest, if you care about someone or something, you become vulnerable. And it makes any difference, whether or not someone is going to use this 'power' against you because this person is or is not interested in you.
How can you feel alive without to be touched?

I've got you under my skin
I've got you deep in the heart of me
So deep in my heart, that you're really a part of me
I've got you under my skin
I've Got You Under My Skin (1936)
by Cole Porter, incredibly famous thank to 
Frank Sinatra, Frankie Valli and Michael Bublé

I know exactly when I gave someone a 'real' hug the last time.
And if you're asking yourself if I would do it again, in the same situation, the answer is 'For sure!'. Even more deeply than I did, I guess.
How about you?

Tags: Body, Body massage, Hugging, Quote, Lyrics

What to read next: