Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

How to learn a foreign language, Zombie Boy & a difficult and yet interesting question for tattooed people

While learning or improving your language skills in a foreign language, it is important to read a lot in that language. In this way, your passive vocabulary will become bigger and you will learn useful expressions used by native speakers.

While doing it, it is a good idea to read books, magazines, articles on the Internet, etc. about topics that you like and that are important and appealing to you. For this reason, I read tattoo magazines, in English, and in German, and today I stumbled upon a difficult and yet interesting question for tattooed people.

[Canadian body artist and model Zombie Boy (born Rico Genest) 
with Lady Gaga as a zombie lady
So Zombie Boy, how many hours have you been tattooed so far?!]

I got my first tattoo almost twenty years ago, when being tattooed was not so common for a girl my age, and since then I collected a lot of questions about tattoos.
But, in the end, they are almost always the same and people usually ask me how many tattoos I have, which one was the most painful one, which one is my favorite one.

Nobody ever asked so far...

How many hours have you been tattooed so far?

My first reaction would probably be...
Oh well. Gosh. So let me check. I guess... I would say about... No, maybe...
You got the picture. Until today, I had no idea. Not the slightest idea.

So far, nobody ever asked how many hours I spent while being tattooed. 

And yet it makes sense and it is actually a very good question: having a lot of small tattoos or having, let's say, both sleeves and the full back tattooed are very different stories, in my opinion, so knowing how many hours people spent in a tattoo parlor so far is way more explanatory than how many tattoos people have.

What about you?
How many hours have you been tattooed so far?
Did someone ask you this question before?

Tags: Tattoos, Questions about tattoos, Learning a foreign language

What to read next:
Why one should go all in, while being heavily tattooed, and the kind of questions about tattoos that are pure gold


Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!